Passwords are not enough to secure mainframe authentication
Enhance logon security
Require multiple authentication factors to protect accounts and reduce risk for critical applications and data—even if one of the factors is discovered.
Ease regulatory compliance
Address regulatory and industry requirements for strong user authentication and audit support, including PCI-DSS, NIST, GDPR, PSD2 and emerging mandates such as CCPA in California and LGPD in Brazil.
Centralize and simplify management
Centralize factor information in RACF to simplify control, accelerate factor deployment and improve administrative efficiency.
IBM Z Multi-Factor Authentication features
- Extensions for RACF with auditing and provisioning
- Centralized RACF database support
- RADIUS support: RSA, Gemalto and generic
- IBM ISAM integration (new in IBM Z MFA V2)
- IBM CIV Integration
- Native Yubico support (new in IBM Z MFA V2)
- IBM Touch Token & Generic TOTP
- Certificate-based authentication, PIV, CAC card support
- Compound Authentication
- Fault tolerance and application exemption