Automated checkpoint, backout and restart of IMS Batch jobs
Programmatically identifying the latest Checkpoint ID for batch program restarts helps you avoid manual, error-prone processes and keep IMS systems running smoothly.
Help prevent data corruption
Restarting a job at the correct checkpoint helps you minimize data corruption that can result from restarts performed without specifying a Checkpoint ID.
Avoiding corruption means avoiding delays and longer periods of database unavailability. With IMS Program Restart Facility for z/OS, you can increase the efficiency and reliability of your system.
IMS Program Restart Facility for z/OS features
- Restart automation of BMP programs
- Backout and Restart options
- Checkpoint creation in batch programs
- Backout on demand
- Automatic batch programs Restart
- Database availability after failure