Flexible mainframe development and test on x86 hardware
Virtualize and reset z/OS on x86 hardware for prototyping and z/OS software version to version migration.
Gain the cost advantages of a distributed development and test system while freeing up mainframe capacity for more valuable production workloads.
Test early and often
Achieve higher quality and quicker delivery with a high fidelity z/OS development and test environment (hardware emulation, not software emulation).
Access latest z/OS runtimes
Use a preconfigured package of IBM Z software that includes z/OS and middleware, such as CICS?, IMS? and Db2?, including z/OS components of multiple DevOps for Enterprise Systems tools.
Build your team’s mainframes skills
Conduct IBM Z education virtually any time and anywhere by using Intel and Intel-compatible platforms—and experiment without fear of harming mainframe production environments.
IBM Z Development and Test Environment features
- z/OS development and test on x86 hardware on-prem and cloud
- Web based interface for self service build and deployment
- Current levels of the IBM z/OS middleware
- IBM Z education environment
- Cloud integration with OpenStack (New in V12)
- RESTful API for DevOps pipeline integration (New in V12)